First of all let me say that this was the last time I will say 'if' as I know they are real, I have encountered them, people I research with have encountered them and we have experienced them many times together whilst in the field. We have collected some of their evidence that we are consistently working through with our partners – so for me its not a 'if' they are real. However for many of you reading this it is an 'if' and your searching for information on your own journey to answer your own questions about the existence of this being
Hair & Genetics
So what else do we know?
1. During Winter months in Australia they seem to be more diurnal and more nocturnal during the summer months.
- They can be active during the day, they especially like cooler and overcast weather, seem to prefer wet and cool conditions
- They obviously will venture closer to humans at night and will not advance beyond tree lines during the day.
- We believe that they are omnivores, having strong preference towards sweet fruits such as melons, sweet corn, grapes and berries, will take meat when available. Similar in diet to an Orang-utan based on feeding station results and dental patterns we obtained from eaten corn cobs – do not seem to like vegetables such as lettuce or cabbage
- Given their reported size they could not survive on meat alone, estimated calorific intake by biologist Gary Opit could be 5000 calories per day +
- Behaviour seems to be closer to Gorilla (Primatology Field guide Volume 2) behaviour with a vocal range inline with Orangutan (Orangutans – Behavioural ecology and conversation – Oxford University press) MHz range.
- They will nest in trees, and sleep during the day under high thick canopies using natural formations as a first preference such as pandanis groves, giant elkhorns and staghorns either in or under large fallen trees, or like parrots inside of rotted tree trunks.
- Based upon daytime encounters we have found that they only seem to have good or sharp day vision inside 40 meters. Which is why we have often wore clothes that are black, brown or dark grey to purposely confuse the issue for them in order to try to get as close as possible, hoping they would mistake us for one of their own, at least from long range – definite light sensitivities
- Based upon day or night encounters they do not seem to like loud noises i.e.: heavy machinery, engines or gunfire.
|Suspected Yowie Ground bed - Similarities in all three are striking|
So does this mean they are Apes?